RE: Is my Oracle Server issuing more IO than it can handle

  • From: "Amaral, Rui" <Rui.Amaral@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxx'" <Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxx>, "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:04:55 -0500

I am assuming you are referring to dbc_min_pct and dbc_max_pct and assuming
that nbuf and bufpages are set to 0 then they would be dynamic so yes.

But there's also a couple of other things to look at that might be different
too:

mincache
convosync

This would be regarding double buffering between the db and OS.

Rui Amaral
Database Administrator
ITS - SSG
TD Bank Financial Group