Re: Install 10g EM Agent on 2 node veritas cluster ?

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: premjhere@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:35:47 +0200

What do you meant by "veritas active/passive cluster". VCS cluster
with RAC running in active/passive (i.e. one primary node)?

Generally, I found that you need to set two parameters to installer:
cluster name
nodes list

I normally use Mass Agent Deployment sets and you can call
agentDownload script with options "-n cluster_name -c node1,node2".
See
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oem/htdocs/agentdownload_script_readme.pdf

2006/6/21, Prem <premjhere@xxxxxxxxx>:
Friends,

I am want to install 10g Agent (10.2.0.1) on a 2 node veritas active/passive
cluster. I found no document on metalink for doing this.

The most confusing part is :
Normally a cluster node has multiple IP address and hostname including
the virtual ones. Which IP address/ hostname should be used during
agent installation ?

Can someone please help me to do it ? Thanks in advance.

Regards | Jp.

Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://blog.oracloid.com