Re: Informatica Bulk Mode behavior

  • From: "biti_rainy" <biti_rainy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:16:5 +0800

hi,Thomas Jeff

  how  many rows are there in  one  bulk operate, just for one =
 block ,or  for n*block    ?

i had test direct insert
insert /*+ append */ into t values(...);  the HWM moved;
insert /*+ append */ into t values(...);  HWM moved

but
begin
for i in 1..1000 loop
 insert /*+ append */ into t values(...);
end loop;
end;

in this pl/sql code, there is no direct insert ,oracle ignore the=
 hints

Best regards

yahoo id: feng_chunpei
A new dba from china

---- from the  mail-----
>List,
>Is anyone familiar with how Informatica's bulk mode works?
>
>We have a situation where I created a 4GB tablespace for a new=
 and
>simple
>truncate/load operation from Informatica, around 7 million rows
>estimated
>to take up 1.5GB.
>
>Using bulk mode, which appears to be a direct load (in the SQL=
 cache,
>the
>INSERT statement has a hint that I've never seen before: =
 SYS_DL_CURSOR
>which
>I assume stands for Direct Load), they run out of space in the
>tablespace after
>about 200K rows have been inserted.
>
>If I then manually rebuild the table, the 200K rows gets=
 compressed back
>down
>to one extent.
>
>So there's a lot of either empty or preallocated space.   =
 Thinking
>somehow
>the high-water mark was the culprit, I manually truncated the=
 table
>before
>they reran their job.
>
>Still the same problem.
>
>If the job runs in 'normal' mode, which is row-by-row=
 processing, it
>runs fine,
>although of course, performance is quite poor.
>
>Any ideas/experience as to how this bulk mode operates?
>
>Thanks.

>Jeffery D Thomas
>DBA
>Thomson Information Services
>Thomson, Inc.
>
>Email: jeff.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Indy DBA Master Documentation available at:
>http://gkmqp.tce.com/tis_dba

-

>.

=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1=A1