Re: Informatica Bulk Mode behavior

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:00:28 -0600

Sounds like they're rationalizing the fact that they screwed up the
coding...  :-)

They should be using "OCIDirPathDataSave()" for data saves, not
"OCIDirPathFinish()" followed by "OCIDirPathPrepare()".  The amazing thing
is that they are aware of their screw-up!  Their coding is analogous to
closing and re-opening a frequently-executed cursor after each execution --
unnecessary and foolish.

The fact that they coded incorrectly and that it is affecting space
management adversely, causing bulk loads to be perform unnecessarily poorly
as well, is bad enough.  But the mis-information in blaming their faulty
coding on an "Oracle design limitation" is either dishonesty or stupidity or
both.