Re: assistance dropping lost tablespace, contains partitioned tables

  • From: Tim Johnston <tjohnston@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:18:13 -0400

I did some testing on this a year or so ago...  If it were a simple
range partitioned table, you should be able to drop the individual
partitions that reside in these tablespaces and then drop the
tablespace...  I'm not sure if you can do this with the subpartitioned
table...  The method Jonathan describes should also work but takes a
little longer...  As a matter of fact, it is the ONLY way I have found
to cleanup a partitioned IOT residing in a corrupt tablespace...

Tim