Re: Impact on running rman

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:29:24 +0100

we run archivelog backups hourly. That seems to me a candidate for duration
:)

I take your point though.

On 6/27/07, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 6/26/07, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Oh RATE is SOOOO 9i!!  :-)
>
> This is a 10g database so be looking at the *duration* parameter
> instead!! Talk all about this in chapter 16 of the 10g RMAN Book!!

I suppose there are circumstances where you might choose DURATION.

RATE however will ensure that your backups will finish, however slowly.

DURATION will interrupt and discard a backup that does not complete within
the specified window.
Personally I can't think of a situation where I would want to do that.

Why would you use it?

--
Jared Still

Niall Litchfield