RE: Impact on running rman

  • From: "Randy Johnson" <randyjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:48:26 -0500

You should have no problem with it as long as your system has the resources.
Watch your IO and CPU. You can throttle the IO Rman uses with the "rate"
option in your restore process.

For example you can throttle it to 1M  (per second I think, docs unclear
about this) by adding the "rate 56K" to your allocate channel command. M(eg)
and G(ig) are also valid.

Hope this helps.

   _____