RE: Hybrid database backups

  • From: "Ted Coyle" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 17:03:04 -0400

Use RMAN:

Report unrecoverable;

Backup Database Not Backed Up;

That's pretty simple... if not vague.

.. Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Stephens, Chris
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 3:52 PM
To: paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Hybrid database backups

This is a very vague question.  I'd first start by identifying what
processes are in fact running with nologging and ensure that the
business users dependant on that data are aware of the consequences.

Other than that, there isn't nearly enough information to begin to
speculate on an easy/basic backup, restore, recover process.

Chris