RE: Hybrid database backups

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <paulastankus@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 13:51:53 -0600

RMAN

________________________________

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paula Stankus
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:06 PM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: re: Hybrid database backups

I inherited this mess:

Have a number of batch processes that I have no documentation for that
run with or without the nologging option

On the same database we have database objects that are inserted/updated
- written to during the day - OLTP

What is the easiest, basic method for backup, restore and recovery????

Thanks,

Paula

________________________________

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http:/autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_
ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM-

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which
contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that
information is prohibited. Please notify the sender  of the delivery
error by replying to this message, or notify us by telephone
(877-633-2436, ext. 0), and then delete it from your system.