RE: How much time can save using _disable_logging on 10g

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:24:52 -0400

It's really impossible to predict.

It depends on the design of your application, and whether logging is a
significant portion of your response time.  Since you emphasize this is
for testing only, I assume you're aware of the severe implications to
your database in the event of a crash....

For anyone else reading this:  Never, ever, ever set this parameter. ;-)