RE: How can I get the DD,MM, YYYY part of the every day in a duration of 10 years

  • From: <sanjay.khangarot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:04:45 +0530

Thanks Stephane / Zorac

I am able to run the query, and can retrieve the individual component of the
date:
SELECT rownum ,to_char( ret_date,'DD') day,to_char( ret_date,'MM')
month,to_char( ret_date,'YYYY') year, ret_date FROM (select
(to_date('31/12/1998','DD MM YYYY') + rownum) ret_date from
dba_objects,dba_objects where rownum < (TO_DATE('01/01/2010','DD/MM/YYYY') -
TO_DATE('01/01/1999','DD/MM/YYYY')) )

|Thanks all

Regards

Sanjay
________________________________

select to_char(to_date('01/01/1999', 'DD/MM/YYYY') + rownum - 1, 'MM DD YYYY')
from T
where rownum < to_date('01/01/2010', 'DD/MM/YYYY') - to_date('01/01/1999',
'DD/MM/YYYY')

Regards,

Stephane Faroult

RoughSea Ltd

http://www.roughsea.com

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:01 , <sanjay.khangarot@xxxxxxxxx> sent:

        Hi,
        I want to generate one script which can return me dd,mm , yyyy part of
every day for a duration, for example ..
        if I start from Jan 01,1999 to jan 01, 2010 then wanted the record for
every day..

        till
        01 01 2010..

        this will be used to create one time dimension..

        TIA

        Regards

        Sanjay

        Confidentiality Notice

attachments to this message are intended
        for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential
or privileged information. If
        you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro
or Mailadmin@xxxxxxxxx immediately

Confidentiality Notice