Re: How To Find Reapeating Row Patterns

  • From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ethan.Post@xxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:29:15 -0500

Ethan,

I'm stumped. Do you know how to accomplish this in a regular
programming language like Pascal or Java? Is the sequence always the
same length, or is the length arbitrary? Unless someone knows of a
pattern recognition function in Oracle, my guess is that you will
probably write an external C function to do this and then call that
function from Oracle. It sounds pretty compute-intensive to me. It
sounds a little like what the Unix "diff" program does.

Dennis Williams