How I JDBC connect Mathematica 5.1 to Oracle 10g?

  • From: mr SunnyGuy <sunnyguy11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 00:26:23 -0700

Hi,

Any of you Oracle-L people use Mathematica 5.1?

Do you know of any tricks or tips to establish
a JDBC connection between Mathematica 5.1 and Oracle 10g?

I tinkered with my setup for a couple hours and
could not get the connection to take.

Screen dump from a Mathematica notebook-interface:

<< DatabaseLink`
OpenSQLConnection[JDBC["oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver", \
"jdbc:oracle:thin@localhost:1521:ORCL"], Username -> "SCOTT", "Password" ->=
 \
"TIGER"]
JDBC::error: "JDBC error: Invalid Oracle URL specified"

The 10g DB is on my OS X Mac.

I have some other Java tools on my Mac and they connect to 10g with no prob=
lem.

Thanks,

-msg