Re: How I JDBC connect Mathematica 5.1 to Oracle 10g?

yes,

I sense...
progress.

I'm getting a different error now but I think I'm getting closer.

I did check that both my db and lsnr are up.

Also I connected with Jdeveloper and oemapp console just to make
sure both the DB and TNS are healty.

Now I see this:
OpenSQLConnection[JDBC["oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver", \
"jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:ORCL"], Username -> "
    SCOTT", "Password" -> "TIGER"]

JDBC::error: JDBC error: Io exception: Socket is not connected

Any more trouble shooting hints or tips?

-msg