Re: Help critical install shared cdroms

  • From: mhthomas <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:14:43 -0400

On 5/15/05, Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> w=
rote:
> So I ended up saying the heck with it as I don't want to go much farther
> without hooking up with the system admin.
>=20
> I instead did a scp from the disk to the target host which brings up
> another question.
>=20
> Doing a scp -pr everything is owned by root - any known "gotchas" about
> copying the files with "-pr" then running the install from a staging
> area?
>=20

I don't know about root. But, I would not scp contents from a CDROM as
root, rather I would download the zip files from either otn or
edelivery.oracle.com and expand as oracle user, if possible. I don't
know if the Solaris versions you need are available to d/l, but it
seems safer.

Good luck.

Regards,

Mike Thomas