Re: Help Interpreting Windows Trace

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:01:11 +0200

Some basic windows 32 bit info:
Windows allocate for each program up to 4 GB memory.
Each 4 GB address space is divided: 2 GB belong to the program and 2 GB
to windows.
So each of your instances has 2 GB.
The 2 GB include the oracle instance and the buffers, and all the memory
used by the connections.

Using the /3GB switch change the division to: 1 GB to windows, 3 GB to
the program.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel