Re: GoldenGate and foreign keys

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:45:51 -0400

On 10/30/2015 01:31 PM, Terrian, Thomas J DLA CTR INFORMATION OPERATIONS wrote:

Does anyone know anything about GoldenGate (12.1.2.1)? Here is my question:

Schema1.table1 has a primary key and Schema2.table2 has a foreign key back to
Schema1.table1.

Can I put Schema2.table2 in an extract without Schema1.table1 in the extract?

Hi Thomas,
Yes, you can do it, if the same foreign keys are not present on the destination. Other than that, circular foreign keys are a little bit strange to me. What was the logic behind creating such constraints?

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA