Re: Gigabit-card for Linux/x86

  • From: "goran bogdanovic" <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 18:09:51 +0100

The Channel bonding kernel module (which does not taint the kernel) is
implemented with RH, and from that side should be no worry.
There are other teaming drivers available from different NIC vendors. If
going this way, check if this drivers/solutions are licensed under GPL.
Otherwise, they will taint the kernel and you may lose Unbreakable Linux
support ;-).

Goran

On 11/21/06, Kevin Closson <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You chould have GbE on the motherboard no? With RH, GbE
support is pretty standard... are you worried about teaming/bonding?