Re: Gigabit-card for Linux/x86

  • From: "Paul Drake" <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:07:19 -0500

On 11/21/06, Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Folks,
I am setting up a 10GR2 RAC on two x86 servers running RHL 4. I am
thinking of purchasing two gigabit cards to setup a private gigabit
network. One think that I want to make sure is that the Linux drivers
are available for that card so that I do not waste my time to configure
it. Has anyone recently purchased any Gigabit card - at reasonable price
- and configured with RHL that they would like to recommend? Any
feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks
Amir

Amir,

Here are a few links.
Servers has been shipping with dual integrated gigabit ethernet adapters for
long enough that add-in cards are mostly a non-issue.

Pd

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/gigabit-ethernet.html
http://www.cs.uni.edu/~gray/gig-over-copper/
http://www.cs.uni.edu/~gray/gig-over-copper/gig-over-copper.html