Re: Finding long running queries..

  • From: Jithin Sarath <jithinsarath@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 00:37:20 +0530

Upendra,
Since you have the diag and tuning license, I believe you could try
generating ASH report for the sid. I remember reading an article by
@dbakevlar earlier this year. Will look up bookmarks tomorrow morning if
you don't find it by then.

Regards, Jithin
On 20-Nov-2015 12:25 am, "Upendra nerilla" <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone -
Environment: Oracle RAC 11.2 on OEL

I am trying to set 10046 trace on a batch process to see which queries
needs tuning.. The process runs for over 12 hours. Last time I set a max
dump file to 6G which got filled up in a couple of hours. current udump
directory has limited storage and I don't want to repoint it to another
location for the entire duration.
I am trying to see if there are any work around like - writing a specific
trace file to another file system? or any other ways to minimize the output?

Or if there are better ways to find long running queries for a specific
session, i am open to suggestions.
FYI, I do have Tuning/Diag pack licenses on these databases..

Thanks much
-Upendra