FW: number of transactions per minute/hour

  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:07:31 -0400

Here is a TPS calculation query that I have posted on metalink a couple
of times.  For those who wonder what the comment says the translation
is, "create as response to metalink request from version 7 query."

set echo off
--
-- SQL*Plus script to calculate Transactions Per Second for version 8+
--
from
  v$sysstat  s
 ,v$instance i
where s.NAME in ('user commits','transaction rollbacks') /

Being that the OP wanted to count selects I do not see a solution to the
original request.
-- Mark D Powell --