FW: Switching to RMAN

  • From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx '" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 08:09:01 -0500

Paul - What Peter said. What is your motivation for moving from
SQL-Backtrack? Saving money? Like anything else, you will experience some
learning during the transition. Fortunately today there are some good books,
most notably Robert Freeman's Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery. The most
important thing I've found is to try to clearly understand your approach to
RMAN and any assumptions you are making. RMAN is designed to work for a
broad variety of Oracle sites, so it has a lot of capability, which
sometimes can be a little confusing. Ask questions here.

Dennis Williams
Lifetouch, Inc.