Easy RMAN question

  • From: "Vanessa A. Simmons" <vsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:08:27 -0500

I apologize if this question is too simplistic, but I would appreciate
any help you can give.  I just restored a database to a point in time
(11/8/05) in order to look at the data.  The script I used to do this is
as follows:

run
{
SET UNTIL TIME "to_date('11/08/2005 16:00:00','MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS')";
ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL aux1 DEVICE TYPE DISK;
DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE TO new_db NOFILENAMECHECK;
}

I now want to roll the database forward another day or two to look at
the data again.  I know that I can re-run the script above and simply
change the set until time, but is there a way I can do this without
having to run the duplicate command (i.e. just applying the newer logs)?

Thanks!