Re: ERROR: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karlarao@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:45:09 -0500

Sometimes you can enter recover database;, then tell it to use a redo log to
do the recovery when it prompts for an archive log.  Doesnt always work, but
it works sometimes.  However, if you opened it with
allow_resetlogs_corruption, it may be too late.  Oracle says that once you
do that, you must export your data and re-create the database.

--
Andrew W. Kerber