Re: Disable logging in tablespace vs using hidden parameter _disable_logging

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 07:45:56 -0000

That is correct, and that is why the only way the _disable_logging feature affects things is by not doing the final write from buffer to file.

It does introduce the interesting question of
how the forward change vectors for global
temporary tables are "avoided".

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
Public Appearances - schedule updated 10th Jan 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>