Re: Disable logging in tablespace vs using hidden parameter_disable_logging

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amit.poddar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 20:51:11 -0000

No.

The entire set of redo log activity takes place -
so the log writer assumes it has written the log
despite not calling the final fwrite, iops, or whatever
subroutine.  So it thinks it is filling a file, and it still
does a logswitch and checkpoint at the correct
moment.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/appearances.html
Public Appearances - schedule updated 10th Jan 2006

----- Original Message ----- From: <amit.poddar@xxxxxxxx>