Dataguard - primary database moved to another server

  • From: "Grabowy, Chris" <chris.grabowy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:31:02 -0500

A primary database was moved to a new server. The primary and standby are no
longer communicating.

The alert log on the primary is reporting....
ORA-16069: Archive Log standby database activation identifier mismatch

The alert log on the standby is reporting....
RFS: Activation ID mismatch found xxxxx expected yyyyyy
RFS: Possible network disconnect with primary database

Is there a config file that I can tweak to fix this activation id???

I dropped the entry in Dataguard and attempted to recreate but it failed
because of the above errors.

For what its worth I fixed fal_server on the standby.

I have been searching around Metalink and the doc but I cant find many
references to the activiation id.  I searched the DG .dat files, but I can't
find it in there either.

We really don't want to recreate the standby from the primary again, since we
are planning on moving a slew of primary databases to new servers.

Help?