RE: Dataguard - primary database moved to another server

  • From: Josh Collier <Josh.Collier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:08:31 -0800

I concur that opening the primary resetlogs will kill the standby. You have
no choice but to recreate it from scratch. You can use switch over method to
move the primary around. Set up a standby on the target server (the one to
which you wish to move the primary), get it caught up, then use switchover
to move the primary there.

Josh C.