RE: Dataguard - primary database moved to another server

  • From: "Grabowy, Chris" <chris.grabowy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:17:23 -0500

Cold backup of the primary database.  It was then restored on the new server.
A reset logs was done, but right now I'm trying to debug the activation ID
mismatch.  Unless the activation id is tied into the sequence number??

Not sure if the DBA had stopped the standby last night.  Probably not.  Would
that really be a factor?  The primary was shutdown, logs stopped shipping.

The old and new server name for the primary database are different.  We moved a
bunch of databases from individual servers to a new monster server.  So Im
wondering if that is killing me.  Perhaps the hostname is coded into the
archive log file???  Dunno.

Still scratching my head, poking and proding around...