Re: Datafiles on nfs mounts.

  • From: "Stephen Booth" <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 10:57:56 +0000

On 07/02/07, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Per note 359515.1 nfs mounts are supported for datafiles with oracle 10.
Does anyone know if the same applies for 9.2 databases? I urgently need to
create a clone of a 9.2 environment, but suprise surprise don't have disk
space available directly attached to the server. And yes I have opened a
tar, but figure someone where must have done this, been bitten etc etc.

I have had a 9.2 database on Solaris 9 running with the datafiles on
an NFS mounted volume from a NetApp filer.  As I recall the options
were important, we use:

hard,bg,rw,vers=3,proto=tcp,intr,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,forcedirectio

These were recommended to us by EMC (the database was for an
installation of their Documentum eDMS product so they were involved in
the implementation) and confirmed by Oracle as correct.

We have since moved to 10g2 with the same mounts and had no problems.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

http://stephensorablog.blogspot.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephenboothuk