Re: Datafile header surgery

  • From: "Kurt Van Meerbeeck" <kurtvm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Adam.Donahue@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:02:19 +0000

I would go with rebuilding ...

Chances are high it's not only the file header that's corrupt - probably
some zero'd out blocks here and there - who knows...
And zero out means ... really really gone.

You might be able to extract some data out with a data unloader tho.
(expect for the zero'd out blocks of course)

ps - i'm a KBC customer ;-)