RE: Database migration between Windows Servers via. copying files

  • From: "Uzzell, Stephan" <SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'giantpanda@xxxxxxx'" <giantpanda@xxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 09:57:43 -0400

Not sure about the OS changes - what impact they'll have. However, we've done a
very similar procedure for moving from 32-bit 2003 to 64-bit 2003.

One word of warning - OLAP is bit-sensitive, so if you have OLAP, you'll need
to drop and recreate it.

stephan

Stephan Uzzell | MICROS Systems, Inc.

Database Administrator - OPERA Global Technical Services
7031 Columbia Gateway Dr,  Columbia, MD  21046 | 7 443.285.8000x2760 | 
443.285.6505