Re: DBV slow W2K server

  • From: "Christo Kutrovsky" <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "O'Neill, S. (Seán)" <Sean.oneill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:29:49 -0400

Average speed 30 Mb/sec. It's relativelly low, unless you are coping
from 1 spindle to the same spindle.

What version of Oracle ? Have you tried RMAN ? If the storage behind
is an array I think you will be surprised by the speed improvements.
That is if you have "filesystemio_options" set to "setall".

--
Christo Kutrovsky
Senior Database/System Administrator

On 6/1/06, O'Neill, S. (Seán) <Sean.oneill@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Use XCOPY to copy files disk-to-disk.  Takes approx 80 minutes to copy files
(147GB).  2GB RAM.