Re: Creating DB on partition > 2TB

  • From: "Greg Rahn" <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:08:39 -0800

Sounds like a DBCA bug from a really large number.  Oracle db doesn't
have any knowledge of the LUN size, only database file size.

I don't know that I would recommend just a single large LUN.  I
believe that things like the SCSI IO queue are per LUN so with only a
single LUN you only get one queue.  This probably will limit the
number of in-flight IOs.

--
Regards,

Greg Rahn