Re: Client Oracle 8i for linux

  • From: Mark Brinsmead <mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxx>
  • To: David Sharples <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:17:45 -0700

Oops.  Quite right.  8i *is* pretty old, isn't it.   ;-)

Well, I was still half-right. You'll find the Oracle/Linux client software on the server installation media. I don't think I've ever seen specific client media for any platform other than Windows. (I would guess that Oracle presumes -- sadly quite accurately -- that no matter what platform you database runs on, Windows is inevitably going to get involved eventually.)

Anyway, I would expect that an SR would likely get this media. Failing all else, you might be able to find a kind soul on this list who has a CD burner. I don't think either are scarce. ;-)

David Sharples wrote:

8i isn't on OTN anymore, you have to get it from raising a new SR in metalink

On 1/19/06, *Mark Brinsmead* <mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxx <mailto:mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

Just a wild guess, but I think you'll find this on the RDBMS
(server) installation media. You can download the media from OTN,
as usual.