CRS install failing

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:40:53 -0700

I am attempting to install CRS on a two node RAC cluster
running RHEL3. I ran the cluvfy and all checks passed. The installation
failed at the end indicating that not all tasks completed. The
configToolFailedCOmmands file has this in it...

# Copyright (c) 1999, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.
/opt/pkg/oracle/crshome/bin/racgons add_config

/opt/pkg/oracle/crshome/bin/oifcfg setif -global
eth0/ eth1/

/opt/pkg/oracle/crshome/bin/cluvfy stage -post crsinst -n

Indeed the oifcfg will not run, it returns the error
PRIF-12: failed to initialize cluster support services

I have no idea really what to look for in an attempt to troubleshoot
this problem. If anyone can help I would be most appreciative.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
(530) 754-6208