Re: CRS install failing

  • From: "Dyno Fu" <dyno.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 19:58:13 +0800

William,

 you've use ocfs as OCR storage or raw device? if use raw device you
had to make sure raw device startup each time and owned by oracle
user.
check this for reference
http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9iRAC.shtml#CreatingPartitionsForRawDevices

btw: you can review your installation process follow the instruction here,
http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle10gRAC.shtml

rgds,
Dyno

On 4/4/07, William Wagman <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mladen,

From the system adminstrator...

I stopped the rawdevices service on both nodes, formatted
/dev/emcpowera1 (which is the multipathed device underlying
/dev/raw/raw1), and was able to mount it and write to it from both
nodes. Seems like it works to me. I've unmounted that file system and
restarted the rawdevices service. You can try your install again;
perhaps there was some data lingering there from a previous installation
which Oracle didn't like this time around.

So there was something incorrect in the way the devices were configured.
As to what, I don't know. Thank you for the catch.