Re: Best way to calc transactions for the month

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:24:15 -0700

On 4/11/07, Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies.  It seems IBM has approached us to be
part of a seed program for their new line of business class mainframes
and they were asking how many transactions we do per month.

Now we know what the Prez is really asking for.

He wants capacity planning information.

From a CP perspective, the number of commits executed
by the database is a rather worthless metric.

If your db has statspack running, you can get some file IO
metrics from the repository, which is quite a bit better
than the number of commits.

You could also mine statspack for some memory and
and cpu usage info.

--
Jared Still