Backup Optimisation and Alexander Fatkulin

  • From: hrishy <hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 08:30:22 +0000 (GMT)

Hi

I was reading up the pythian blogs and came across this comment by Alex
Fatkulin.(I am sure alex is frequenting this list)

Can somebody have a look at this thread and explain what alex means by

Quote Backup optimization is “all or nothing” - it can (and will) affect other
things Unqote

I am curious to know what effect does it have if i enable it in my environment
and what positive and negative implications could there possibly be.

http://www.pythian.com/blogs/478/plus-archivelog-and-rman-optimization

I have a host of 9i and 10g databases

regards
Hrishy