Re: Certifications don't count! (from a good test-taker)

  • From: "Andre van Winssen" <dreveewee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: strickland.mark@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 12:35:23 +0200

when working for oracle support we had to take ocp exams for 7.3/8.0/8i back
in 2000. Later on as a contractor, I neglected certification, until
recently, when I decided to take ocp and ocm 10g exams and even cissp
(infosec). The only reason being that I wanted to set some targets for
myself. Luckily I passed all of them.

Some even say that being ocm can make it more difficult to get a new
assignment .. when you are being looked upon as the wise guy, which I ain't.
Just will have to find out if ocm brings any benefits at all.

Kind regards,
Andre,
The Netherlands