RE: Auditing original user in an n-tier environment

  • From: "Christian Antognini" <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddavey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:44:36 +0200

>One thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to implement this as
>a managed connection pool within OC4J.  It seems that I need to manage
>the connection pool within my java application itself.  But as I'm
>pretty new to web applications, I'm probably missing something basic.

Alan

In your Java app you should get the connection from the pool (as usual, =
nothing special here...).

Then you should use one of these two methods for the proxy =
authentication:
- Thin: OracleConnection.openProxySession()
- OCI: OracleOCIConnectionPool.getProxyConnection()

Notice that the thin implementation is available with 10g only.

HTH
Chris