RE: Auditing original user in an n-tier environment

  • From: "Vlado Barun" <vlado@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <george.rusnak@xxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 14:38:39 -0400

Option 1: Use oracle n-tier proxy authentication, see
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/network.920/a96582/authuse
r.htm#1006671

Option 2: Use session context variables to identify the user that is using
the current connection. This assumes that the presentation layer knows the
identity of the user. If so, you can use the sys_context function to add an
attribute to the session identifying the "real" user. This attribute can
then be used in any function/procedure/package/trigger/sql to populate the
appropriate fields in the audit logs...
See
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:616200296
2892 for more details...