Re: Archiving data into another database

  • From: "Luc Demanche" <lucdemanche@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carel-Jan Engel" <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:51:45 -0500

Thank you all for your answers.
The situation is, we have a in-house application, we having a lot of
historical data (invoices, info on old products, old documents).
It's not a big database (around 40Gigs), but I'm sure that we can "purge" at
least 15 Gigs of data....  of data that it's not been used anyway.

It will probably help the performance in the same time ...

We were thinking of creating another database, with the same structure and
transfer data from one to the other.
My concern was on the modification that will be done on the structure ....
so we decided that we will apply the same scripts to both databases, so the
structures will be the same all the time.

Do you have some comments ?

Thanks
Luc

On 1/31/07, Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Archiving is a solution. What is the probplem you're trying to solve?

  Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
=== On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 10:59 -0500, Luc Demanche wrote:

Hi,

We are thinking to have a process that will archive data from our
production database to another database, or somewhere else .....

For example, data of an old customer, info of an old product, etc ....

--
Luc Demanche
Oracle DBA