Re: Altering Freelist Groups in 10gR2 ?

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:01:03 -0400

We rarely had problems with LOBs and ASSM on 9204 rac. We have one app
that only breaths CLOBS. The only issue (that caused us trouble) was
with freeling temp LOBS. That was easily fixed by creating/destroying
temp lob in another procedure inside the package. The lob got
dutifully destroyed then.

It is still working fine on 10.1.0.4 RAC. on an average day that app
creates and manipulates many many thousands of lobs each day.

Guess we are using the right container version after all.
Raj

On 9/27/06, Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- IF you have LOBs in your db and you're planning to go for ASSM tablespaces, I'd suggest a loooong session searching Metalick for bugs relating to such an environment. And make darn sure whatever level of software noted there as having the patches be the one installed.

It's not too long ago that I spent a night fishing left-over
blobs out of a tablespace utterly corrupt by a combination of
ASSM and LOB segments.  In 9ir2, but the snags were there with
10g as well.

9.2.0.8 apparently - or so Metalick says - fixes all that.
So does one the latest 10.2 release.

Bottom line: LOB and ASSM don't mix unless you've
used the right container versions.