RE: Altering Freelist Groups in 10gR2 ?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 07:27:31 +0800

Quoting VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Mladen, Jonathan
>
> Also faced a Similar issue at a High End Benchmark with 10gR2 touching
> about 20,000 TPS. Respective Tables undergoing INSERTs had to be moved
> from ASSM to NON-Assm Tablespaces.
>
> Jonathan - Your assumption is Correct. Database currently exists in 9.2
> & most objects have freelists = 99. DB also needs to be migrated to
> 10.2.

Not to sound like a doomsayer, but:

- IF you have LOBs in your db and you're planning to go
for ASSM tablespaces, I'd suggest a loooong session searching
Metalick for bugs relating to such an environment.  And make darn
sure whatever level of software noted there as having the patches
be the one installed.

It's not too long ago that I spent a night fishing left-over
blobs out of a tablespace utterly corrupt by a combination of
ASSM and LOB segments.  In 9ir2, but the snags were there with
10g as well.

9.2.0.8 apparently - or so Metalick says - fixes all that.
So does one the latest 10.2 release.

Bottom line: LOB and ASSM don't mix unless you've
used the right container versions.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto