RE: Access Control Lists in 11g

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cruepprich@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:07:55 -0400

There is one other restriction to ACL's that is NOT documented, I had to
open a TAR to find this one.

If specifying a port range the upper port must be higher than the lower
port and that difference cannot exceed 9000.

I was asked by one of our developers to open an acl from port 80 to
10960 so that he could access a web server in the company as well as a
TIBOC web service.  The acl creation went without an error, but when he
tried to access TIBCO it would not allow him, giving back an out of
range message.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International