ASM question

  • From: Giovanni Cuccu <giovanni.cuccu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 17:47:47 +0200

Hi all,
   I've successfully create an Oracle RAC 10G (10.1.0.4) on CentOS 3.4
with a shared firewire disk and I'm begin to experiment RAC with ASM.
I have the following problem: I successfully created a
diskgroup(external redundancy) with 2 partion named sdb9 and sdb1 of
5G and 10G respectively.
I launched a tablespace creation script which creates several
tablespaces.The scripts stop reporting an error of space exausted but
the following query reveals another story:
SQL>  select name,free_mb from v$asm_disk;

NAME                              FREE_MB
------------------------------ ----------
VOL4                                    6
VOL5                                 4754

I'm trying to create 2 GB tablespace and it fails. My guess is that
since VOL4 is quite full and its size is lower than VOL5 ASM is not
able to use the remaining space on VOL5.
I'm new to ASM so probably I'm missing something. Any reference to
appropriate documentation (I'm reading it just now) is well accepted.
Thanks,
    Giovanni
--=20
Another free oracle resource profiler