Re: ASM question !

  • From: Brent Day <coloradodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raja.s28@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:03:48 -0700

Raja,

We are also in the process of upgrading and re-platforming, including
moving from OS based file system for datafiles to ASM and I would
recommend working VERY closely with your SAP/BASIS application admins.

The following SAP Notes may help (I believe this requires a support
contract and login with SAP):

Note 214995 - Oracle locally-managed tablespaces in the SAP environment
Note 646681 - Reorganizing tables with BRSPACE

Also I would recommend browsing the following sites and articles:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7888
http://scn.sap.com/community/oracle
http://www.oracle.com/us/solutions/sap/wp-sap-rac-asm-adv-config-oct2012-1875141.pdf
http://www.oracle.com/us/solutions/sap/asm-bestpractices-304655.pdf