ASM mirroring vs SAM mirroring

  • From: "Peter McLarty" <p.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 12:08:41 +1000

Hi all
Not being a storage guru, I need some help

I have been through the papers on racsig and done some googling "asm
mirroring" and looking for product specific papers and cant find
anything definitive as to why one is a winner and not the other

Here is my scenario
2 HP EVA8000 SANS
RAC cluster
ASM for storage on said SANS
The two SANS are in different datacenteres about 1km apart.
Some cluster nodes reside in each datacentre.
Oracle 10.2.0.3 Redhat 4 nodes

Question is ASM mirroring better than SAN mirroring? Why is it better or
not  Sould we use the HP SAN mirroring product

Cheers

--
Peter McLarty
Database Administrator