A warning for PSU 11.2.0.1.1 - Grid Infrastructure

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:03:54 +0100

Dear list,

Just wanted to pass this on to everyone who was a good citizen and
applied PSU 11.2.0.1.1 to Grid Infrastructure. You did it in vain, Karl
Arao was the first I saw to mention this on linkedin.

11.2.0.X Grid Infastructure Bundle Patch Information (Doc ID 1082394.1)
states that:

- ASM LMS and VKTM processes are not in realtime mode after patching.
- Can't dismount ACFS after patching due to Configuration Manager cron
job running (nmz -cron process running).

Suggested actions:

Action
------
Take one of the following actions, depending on your environment

   1. If you have already applied the 11.2.0.1. GI PSU(patch 9343627),
please roll back that patch using the README instructions and then apply
this GI PSU patch 9778840. The patch can be rolled back in a rolling
fashion.
   2. If you have not applied any GI PSU patch, you can directly apply
this GI PSU patch 9778840, follow the README instructions to apply the
patch.

Wonderful! The initial documentation for the PSU was wrong, then someone
filed a documentation bug. The resulting document let users to fill in
patch numbers in place holders, abysmal. And now we are told that we
have to roll the original PSU back and apply a new one. So much for "low
risk" and "regression tested" PSUs.

Grrrrr

Martin

--